Sunday, September 4, 2011

CNNGo.com

CNNGo.com


Anti-Gravity yoga takes off in Australia

Posted: 03 Sep 2011 07:00 PM PDT

yoga

There's yoga inheated rooms, naked yoga, dog yoga and now, in the same vein as Cirque du Soleil, there's Anti-Gravity yoga.

The latest yoga craze to hit Australian shores sees students contorting and inverting while suspended from the ceiling in a type of fabric hammock.

The new style was created by former gymnast and Broadway dancer Christopher Harrison; Flight Skool owner Iain Wisdom launched Australia's first airborne yoga studio in Brisbane, with a second due to open in Sydney's inner city suburb Redfern this month.

read more

ONE Fighting Championship: A fight to end all fights

Posted: 03 Sep 2011 06:58 PM PDT

Saturday night's all right for fighting, and this Saturday, September 3, Singapore will host the ONE Fighting Championship.

Titled "Champion vs. Champion", the competition will pitch 16 fighters from a variety of martial arts -- including Brazilian jiu-jitsu (BBJ), karate, muay thai and boxing -- against another for a cash prize and a chance at the Asian crown.

Hailing from China to the United States, Korea to South Africa, the fighters include such big names such as Thai boxing god Yodsanan Sityodtong, Brazilian jiu-jitsu champ Gregor Gracie and American Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) veteran Phil Baroni.

read more

Phillippa Stewart: Stop calling me fat

Posted: 03 Sep 2011 03:00 PM PDT

Ladies, ladies, ladies -- put down your lettuce leaves and listen up. I was talking to an impossibly beautiful colleague of mine today. I asked her if she wanted to go for lunch. "No, too busy," she said.

As someone who needs to be fed regularly to keep the inner bitch from hell at bay this struck me as suspicious. I did some digging: "But you need to eat."

"I'm too fat," came the response. What? Hold up. Now this girl is seriously gorgeous, petite, and slender. The word "fat" would never have crossed my mind.

I joked back: "Then you must think I'm a whale." I was met with stony silence.

This incident made me think two things:

read more

No comments:

Post a Comment