Sunday, May 20, 2012

CNNGo.com

CNNGo.com


Gallery: Tokyo's 'street sleepers'

Posted: 19 May 2012 05:40 PM PDT

by Adrian Storey

Adrian Storey, a photographer living in Tokyo, chronicles late-night sleeping in Tokyo's public places. Here are some of the stranger places people have decided to bed down for the night.

Each image is captioned with the location of the shot and the title of the work.

All images ©Uchujin-Adrian Storey www.uchujin.co.uk


Shinjuku: "Because a picture is all you are to me"   
Shinjuku: "He took all of my sins and wrote a pocket novel"  
Shibuya: "I gave myself to sin"  
Ikejiri Ohashi: "I should probably feel cheap, but I just feel free and a little bit empty."  
Ikejiri Ohashi: "I'm tired of listening to myself now"  
Ikejiri Ohashi: "It's bound to be less boring than today"  
Ikejiri Ohashi: "Like an angel from a bedtime story"  
Unknown train line, somewhere in Tokyo: "None of this will matter"  
Sangenjaya: "On the day my habits catch up with me"  
Shibuya: "Under a roof that you know"

Article first published December 2009, updated May 2012 

read more

No comments:

Post a Comment