Wednesday, December 28, 2011

CNNGo.com

CNNGo.com


Top places to visit in 2012

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 02:05 PM PST

Yeosu World Expo
Show map at bottom of page

Factor in your holiday allowance, the cost of flight plus hotel and the various weddings and baptisms you will inevitably have to attend, and your visit time in 2012 is anything but unlimited.

So here are seven places that should come top of your 2012 trip list.

1. Yeosu, Korea 


"The Living Ocean and Coast" is the hopeful theme of this year's marine-focused World Expo (May 12-August 12) being held in Korea's coastal city of Yeosu.

read more

Best Tokyo onsen

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 01:55 PM PST

Best Tokyo onsen
Show map at bottom of page

Like all good things, let's start with a proper introduction -- I'm Beniko Yamada, and I love onsen. I make my living as an office worker, but I spend all my free time on trips to Japan's hot springs, and to date I've visited 3,750 of them. And no -- that's not a typo, by the way.

I'm enchanted by the bubbling waters of onsen and it's an honor to be able to share some of my favorites in Tokyo with CNNGo readers.

While the word "onsen" conjures up images of springs bubbling in sylvan valleys, there's no shortage of superb soaks in and around the capital city (which is far larger than you might think, by the way).

read more

No comments:

Post a Comment